Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Carrying Old Grudges In A Suitcase--Full of Unmarked Bills

Sheldon Saltman wants a piece of Evel Knievel's estate--a big piece. Seems that Evel broke his arm with a baseball bat in 1977 because he was angry about a book Saltman had written about him. Salty sued and won $12.5 million. However, Knievel apparently never paid up and now Salty wants the full amount plus interest.

Evel should have really paid up back then. Maintaining a spoiled person's lifestyle so that they don't have to work anymore? Cost a lot less back then than it does now, what with inflation and all...

I think I love this quote best, where he describes hearing about Knievel's death:

"My first thought was that I do hope the poor man is finally at peace."

Yes, I could tell by my SECOND-FAVORITE quote:

"We are going hot and heavy after his estate."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe it was Mark Anthony that said, "The evil that men do lives after them, the good is oft interred with their bones." Evel Knievel lived hard and burned his candle at both ends. It is sad that the vultures who have been circling are now going to fill their gullets with ill gotten gain. Ed (still hating Blogger)

6:37 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Exactly...I mean, certainly Saltman is entitled to the money that they awarded him back then, but to gleefully crow that he's going after the estate right after the guy died really says more about him than Knievel (but of course, Salty WAS a cheap sleazy PR guy, so what can one expect?).

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home