Friday, April 02, 2010

The Joans in the Trib



Well, the first two paragraphs of the article anyway. This story is about The Flesh Hungry Dog Show, the monthly queer/alternative rock show which was founded in 2005 by Gary Airedale, and was originally a showcase for his band Flesh Hungry Dog (which, at the time, included me!). (Incidentally, Gary, in answer to Marc the Podcaster's question about who played at the first show, part of the answer is 8-Inch Betsy. I don't remember the second one, though...)

The Joans have played FHD several times and tonight is it's Fifth Anniversary. Go to www.fleshhungrydog.com to purchase tickets online and get $3 off (before 5 PM)! Show starts at 9:00 at Jackhammer (6406 N. Clark Street, Chicago). See ya there!

(Oh, and I promise I'll have advice back next week...I haven't been able to work up enough slobber and bile to put together a good one this week, what with the show coming up and all...but I'm sure I'll be my old misanthropic self by next Friday.)

Have a good weekend and Happy Easter!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Eastertide back at ya, Aaron! When I see ads like this it makes me sorry I live in a one-whore I mean one-horse town as far from the beaten path as possible. It's not the end of the world but you can see it from here. I shall await the advice column next week with the wide-eyed optimism of a 2 year old on christmas morning. Easter story: When I was 6 my mom got my sister and I balloons shaped like the easter bunny. I was playing with them and my sister's balloon some how popped. My mom gave my balloon to my sister and made me go to bed. I swear it was a accident. Oh well, have a great weekend and lots of fun. Ted

3:44 PM  
Blogger Ivy and Haley said...

This made me giggle.

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

April showers bring May flowers. What do Mayflowers bring? Pilgrims. Happy Cinco De Mayo! Ted

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Aaron are you out there? I miss you. Ted

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy day off work to grill burgers with friends day! It is the first memorial day since my dad died. Putting flowers on his grave seems so little, I wish I could do more but he is in a better place now and no more pain and suffering. I hope he has a good talk with your mother. Hugs, Ted.

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is only one Golden girl left: Betty White long may she reign! fun-fact: Golden Girls was a spin-off from Empty Nest. Rue McClanahan rest in peace!

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 4th of July and may your summer last until next summer. Ted

12:05 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Thanks Ted!

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home