Monday, July 31, 2006

Reunion Recap #1

So this weekend, I went down to my hometown for a reunion. It wasn't my high school reunion (that's next month), but it was my cousin's, who's my age. We went to grade school together, and she said I should come down and see everyone from that crowd.

It was a Catholic grade school, and there were only about 25 of us in the class. We were pretty close. Maybe six of us were at this particular gathering on Friday night. The rest were people from their high school, which was much larger than the one I ended up going to, so I didn't know many of them. I was amazed at how many people from grade school remembered me--seeing as how I'd left there in 1980 and all. It was fun, and I hope I get to see them again. Of course, we don't have the penguins breathing down our necks anymore, so everyone's a lot more relaxed.

I noticed I was the only guy with an earring, though...and there was a LOT of Tim McGraw on the jukebox. So it wasn't the ideal location to scout for dates...

High school was a lot more traumatic. That reunion is coming up in about three weeks, so I'm sure I'll have LOTS more to write about that one...

2 Comments:

Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

I don't understand...Tim McGraw doesn't make for good man scouting? But he's hooked up with that skinny drag queen...

11:28 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

I'd probably feel a lot safer trolling for man-mustard if there weren't a series of pro-NRA billboards just outside town...;-)

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home