Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Fun With Words!

Last night, I was at a meeting of the auxiliary board of a non-profit organization I volunteer for. It's actually called the "Young Philanthropists' Board" or YPB for short. (It's my little joke that if they actually knew how old I was, they'd have to change the name to the "Young-ISH Philanthropists' Board." I really think I'm the oldest one on it, by far...)

So we were thinking of clever names for our wine-tasting fundraising event in September. Last year, we called it "Uncorked," which is fine and we could use it again if we want, but it would be cool to have a different name. I thought about something with "Full Bodied" in it. One of the girls, Adrianne, was going through a wine connoisseur's book for ideas, and came up with "Full Bodied With Great Legs." We all liked it, but don't want to be TOO suggestive, although Adrianne came up with some great artwork of a voluptously curved bottle with legs on it. We laughed a lot. And realized we can't use that.

So, "Uncorked" it is, for now at least. Any suggestions?

(On a side note, it was eerie to be sitting with so many people who are probably too young too remember that song "Turning Japanese.")

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Notes of Cat Pee"

(I don't remember which newspaper decided it would ban that phrase from its wine reviews.)

12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm turning Japanese I really think so... Let's see a Wine Tasting...How about Grape Leavings? or The Whinery?

5:25 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

"Cat Pee?!" I'm SO sending that suggestion to them! They'll laugh uproariously, if nothing else...:-)

We did banter around a few ideas with the "whine" theme, but I think they wanted something that was more "positive." I'd like to do something with the "grape leaves" motif, though, if we could tie it in.

9:44 AM  
Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

I'm guessing "Swish and Spit" wouldn't be a good idea...

12:00 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

"Sip, Swirl, Suck, Swallow - Wine Tasting The Laverne & Shirley Way!"

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home