Monday, October 29, 2007

The "Did You Evah" Survey...

This came from Stephen Rader's blog...his answers were much more entertaining that I'm sure mine will be! But there was nothing too embarrassing for me to answer, which is not always the case with these things, so here goes...

Taken a picture completely naked? I don't have the stomach for it. And neither would the viewer, trust me.

Made out with a friend on your MySpace/Facebook page? Actually, yes...I met this person before I added them on MySpace, but the makeout was damn fun anyway (God, what a mouth!)

Danced in front of your mirror naked? Please. Even I couldn't keep breakfast down.

Told a lie? Yes, of course. When I do, I convince myself that it's for the best. (Which is sometimes another lie--we humans are adept at self-deception.)

Had feelings for someone who didn’t have them back? Nearly always (Does anyone ever have them back?)

Been arrested? No, but I'm sure that my outspokenness will get me into some sort of detention at some point.

Made out with someone of the same sex? Yes.

Seen someone die? Yes, and I probably will again sometime in the not-too-distant future. I don't recommend it.

Slept in until 5pm?
No, I couldn't handle doing that--I'd never sleep through the night and I'd feel even worse the next day.

Had sex at work? No.

Fallen asleep at work/school? When I was in college, I pulled an all-nighter studying and kept falling asleep at work the next morning. Nobody noticed (our job was answering letters/inquiries, and it was quiet by nature), but I was quite embarrassed.

Held a snake? I had a boa constrictor around my neck was I was four years old at the zoo (they were looking for volunteers to demonstrate, and I jumped right up there--amazing what little fear ignorant children have).

Ran a red light? Yes, semi-accidentally (I thought I could get through the yellow light in time--I didn't, and the City of Chicago was kind enough to photograph me with their new-fangled aerial camera).

Been suspended from school? No, but I had a few detentions in my day.

Totaled your car in an accident? Yes, when I was 18. Fortunately, I walked away and there were no other cars involved.

Pole danced? No way!

Smoked? Yes, I am a smoker, although I had cut back until these last two months. I'm also a bit overweight, so I'm a safe pariah two times over. (Go ahead, folks, make your cracks--when it's my turn, I will not forget...)

Been fired from a job? Yes. It sucks, although there's that whole "everything happens for a reason" song and dance you always get from them. And I suppose it does.

Sang karaoke? A few times. It was pretty fun, except at Hydrate, where all the queens think they're competing on "American Idol." I never saw so much attitude coming from people who sounded like three cats being stapled together.

Done something you told yourself you wouldn't? I'm currently living my entire life doing things I said I never would. Sometimes it's out of your control.

Laughed until a drink came out your nose? Only once.

Caught a snowflake on your tongue? Yes. I do love winter sometimes...

Kissed in the rain? No. That's outdoors, and nobody would be seen kissing me in public where alcohol isn't served.

Sang in the shower? Not very often.

Given your private parts a nickname? No.

Ever gone out without underwear? Once, when I accidentally forgot a change of underwear at the gym. I just wore my T-shirt untucked on the way home.

Sat on a roof top? Sure.

Played chicken? No, but I was riding with a friend in high school who played it. In a Pinto.

Been pushed into a pool with all your clothes on? No, but I've been pushed in when I wasn't ready to get in yet.

Broken a bone? No. I broke a tooth when I was 7 years old, but no other bones so far.

Mooned/flashed someone? No.

Shaved your head? Not so far. My last haircut left me feeling scalped, however!

Slept naked? A few times.

Played a prank on someone? Yes.

Had a gym membership? I have two now (one at the work gym, one at the Y).

Felt like killing someone? Oh, God yes.

Made your girlfriend/boyfriend cry? No.

Cried over someone you were in love with? Yes...it lasted a few hours, then I was just glad he was gone.

Had sex more than 10 times in one day? Wow...that's even more than I can take.

Had Mexican jumping beans for pets? No--I had a pet rock once, but I don't think it's the same thing.

Been in a band? Yes. I'm in one now.

Subscribed to Maxim? No, I hate those hoity-toity middle-aged-adolescent-rich-guy magazines.

Taken more than 10 shots of alcohol? At once? No.

Shot a gun? Yes. It had blanks in it, though (it was for a play).

Had sex today? With someone else, you mean? No.

Played strip poker? No.

Tripped on mushrooms? No, but I slipped on a banana peel yesterday.

Donated Blood? Not since 1996.

Video taped yourself having sex? No.

Eaten alligator meat? No.

Ever jump out of an airplane? No.

Have you been to more than 10 countries? Nope, never traveled outside the U.S. (I don't belong to the "traveling class," I'm more the "lumpen proletariat" type...)

Ever wanted to have sex with a platonic friend? Yep. They usually have enough taste to say no.

Have you ever shaved yourself bare? Not entirely.

Have you ever dressed in drag? Yes, once in high school. I looked exactly like Bonnie Tyler. I never did it again.

If you could be one celebrity for a week, who would it be? One who's semi-retired and doesn't have photographers chasing them around all the time.

6 Comments:

Blogger Johnny C said...

Re: I never saw so much attitude coming from people who sounded like three cats being stapled together.

Hysterical...!!!

6:07 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Hi Johnny! I'm so bummed that I can't see Bric a Brac on Saturday, but I'm in Peoria visiting Mom this weekend...hope you have a terrific show!

11:11 PM  
Blogger Johnny C said...

That's o.k... I think we're going to play a lot more than we have... we've reformed and we sound pretty good...

I hope your mom is doing well... big hugs!

11:16 PM  
Blogger Stephen R. said...

Great answers! PLEASE tell me there are pictures of you looking like Bonnie Tyler somewhere in existence! Please!

And if you were singing TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE HEART when said picture was taken, I WILL have to own it!!!

11:34 PM  
Blogger Gregory said...

Whatevs... you're cute. Work what you got.

10:26 AM  
Blogger joe*to*hell said...

this makes me truly happy - because i am opposed to these things, but as consolation, added the last three questions on in order to balance out the dumb questions.....and now i see it is catching on.

havent heard bonnie tyler in like 10 years....someone post it

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home