Monday, January 07, 2008

Rudolph: A Backstage Video Blog

Peter Mavrik of Radio Peter (and fellow cast member of the recently-closed "Rudolph the Red-Hosed Reindeer") posted this video blog this morning chronicling the last performance. See us all in our backstage attire! (Except me--I already had the damned suit on.)

I was thoroughly sick of being Santa by this time (GOD, he was hateful!), and you could see it in my reaction here. (It was meant in humor, but I was completely worn out by this time--plus we had set strike to do right afterwards, and I had a drive and gig to look forward to the next day). I didn't have the same last-day-choke-up that I got last year when it was over, probably because of all that's been going on.

Around 8 minutes in, you can see the result of my first makeup-buying expedition. This can be a disaster if you don't know which shade to buy (just FYI, never go for the "caramel" or even "light tan" varieties--if you have my coloring, stick to the ones with names like "arctic chill," "frosty," "winter pale" or "mortician's delight").

Anyway, enjoy! Thanks, Peter...

5 Comments:

Blogger Nosokomaniac said...

U'r welcome! xo

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A great look at life among the grease paint. I can see how it could get in ones blood. You may be famous one day. xoxoxo Ed

1:00 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Yes, in that "Caryl Chessman" kind of way, no doubt...I've almost given up hope of any other sort.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Stephen R. said...

Aaron - But you are famous. Hell, THE JOANS are going to be - - if they aren't already - - the hottest band in Chicago. They are THE band! Love you. Love them!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Thanks Stephen! I do enjoy The Joans most of all, really. We love you back!

I thoroughly enjoyed "Lyle," by the way. I'm going to come and see it again, once I finish my box of anti-little-kid garlic pills. (I want a whole row to MYSELF! :-))

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home