Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Why Am I Such an Idiot?

I got this call from a chirpy woman on Thursday afternoon. She was from the Muscular Dystrophy Association. Apparently, somebody (she couldn't, or wouldn't, say who) referred me for the "Jail and Bail" thing this month. I wasn't really in the mood to do this, but I figured, what the hell, I don't mind raising a few donations.

I will kick myself until I shatter my tibia.

They sent me this packet of information with lots of cloying cuteness, photos of little kids, everything that most sets my teeth on edge. They have these forms you can fax or mail asking for donations. Right! As if I have the time to fax these things out all day. Instead, I chose the online option, so people can use their credit cards if they want to and not have to worry about checks or cash. Apparently, the goal is for each stuckee--er, volunteer--to raise $2,400 (highly unlikely), although they're happy with $600 (still unlikely, but more attainable). So, if you get a chance, visit my donation page and show Jerry's Kids that you care. Because I do. More than you'll ever know.

I don't know who volunteers me for these things. But I can't wait to meet and thank them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home