Friday, September 22, 2006

I'm Not Judging, I'm Just...

...stupidly repeating. Over and over and over and over and...

Thus is the intro to a discussion my of my newest pet peeve, people who use the most au courant, trendy online cyber language in lieu of original thought.

I've grown to detest--in that stomach-curdling, ball-sac-shriveling, asshole-puckering kind of way--seeing and hearing the phrase "I'm not judgin', I'm just sayin'" when I'm talking to someone, either online or in person. "I'm just sayin'" is the "NOT!" of the new millenium. With a shorter shelf life. And don't let's think you're fooling anyone, Mrs. Dorothy Parker--of course you're "judgin'," or you wouldn't be "sayin'," you'd be "keepin' your piehole shut."

Yeah, we know you're "just sayin'." If you were at all relevant, you'd be "doin'."

On a happier note, the conference at work draws ever nearer, and the preparations seem to be coming to a close. I know I'll be relieved on Sept. 28 when it's all over and I can concentrate on "Caged Dames" music and new original band music.

In other news, check out Curious George's reaction to Pakistan's disclosure of the threats that were made to them after September 11. Apparently, then-Deputy Secretary of State Dick Armitage (another useless dick) threatened to bomb them "back to the Stone Age" if they didn't cooperate.

Hmmmm...SOMEBODY was reading "How to Win Friends and Influence People." Such a flirt! And the charm spreads even now, worldwide.

More tea, vicar?

2 Comments:

Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

Note to self: do NOT use "just sayin'" around Aaron.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

A wise decision, Dirk. A very wise decision. But actually, I don't think I've ever seen you use it. You have that rare gift of original thought. One or two of your commentators do the "I'm just sayin'" thing occasionally, when they're being pissy with one another. Or if they're feeling really jiggy wid' it, they get daring and cut it down to "just sayin'."

But you are golden and therefore beyond reproach...

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home