Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Labor Pains

I had such a fun Labor Day weekend--but spent so much of it hung over! Saturday night wasn't too late, because I went to a picnic at one of my bosses' place on Sunday. We all met at his house (in Hinsdale), and they led the way to the Salt Creek Club, where he and his wife are members (they'd put us on the guest list). The weather was perfect. They have a nice pool there, too, and the water was really nice. We hung out chatting until about 6:00, then cleaned everything up and broke shortly after that. When I got home it was still fairly early, and I figured, "this is the last night I can go out this weekend. I'm going to go out!" I went to Touche (my neighborhood bar, since I live so close), figuring I could hang out, loosen up a bit, maybe even get lucky! Well, this time, nobody was drunk enough to hit on me.

Yeah, I was lucky. Lucky I didn't die of alcohol poisoning! I stayed out way too late, got home at 2:00 a.m., and woke up Monday morning feeling like hell! This must be why people quit partying when their 20s are over. Perhaps I should just accept my bachelorhood with grace--I'll buy some nice thick tweeds with patches on the elbows, grow a full beard and begin smoking a pipe. Sensible walking shoes will also be a must. I already have the cat, so that's covered.

Yesterday I went to a shindig at the home of my friends David and Chris. We had fun catching up, and lots of friends came by, including Richard "Madge Weinstein" Bluestein of Yeast Radio, who came with his friend James. Rick the photographer came by with the CD of publicity photos he took for "Caged Dames." The pictures of Ed and Brigitte together are priceless. Ed looks quite a bit like Hyacinth Bucket in his costume as the mean matron. Brigitte and Tina's shots were great, too. Tina looked very menacing--great makeup.

The musical director had asked me to play percussion for some of the performances, according to my availability. From what the director said last night, I think they want drums for most of the performances, so although I have a work conflict during the first three nights, I can do most of the others.

I'll have to get with the band and juggle the schedule a bit. We might be able to play Lilly's in Lincoln Park again in a few weeks, so then if we could get one more gig in before Oct. 18 (when "Dames" opens), that would be great. Then we can pick up again once the show is over. We've learned a bunch of new songs, so we're ready to roll.

So begins a new week. Lots of stuff going on the next couple of months, and I'll be squeezing in sleep and cleaning along the way. Pray for me!

5 Comments:

Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

Ahhhhh, Touche. I go there sometimes when I'm in town. Good times.

Very cool about you being involved with CAGED DAMES. I surely loves me some women in prison. Any idea when tickets go on sale?

3:44 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Touche is my neighborhood watering hole these days, since I live about 6 blocks away. I love the bartenders there.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Oh, keep checking Hell in a Handbag site for ticket information. They will put a notice up when the tickets are on sale. Usually, they start selling them about 2 weeks ahead of time, so probably about the beginning of October.

10:43 AM  
Blogger David said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:34 AM  
Blogger David said...

Tickets are on sale now at Bailiwick. 773.883.1090

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home