Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Birds That Don't Fly and Reindeer That Do

Long time no talk! Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving...mine was everything it should have been. Thursday I went to my aunt Mary's in Springfield. My cousin came in from St. Louis, and Mary's two foster daughters were there, too. The elder one has two kids of her own now, which is slightly unsettling, given her own maturity level. The kids are adorable, but I shudder to think what sort of discipline problems their teachers will encounter in a few years. At one point, they were playing in the street! (Of course all the kids on Mary's street play in the road, so I guess they fit right in--thank God there isn't much traffic.)

After Springfield, I went back up to my other aunt and uncle's in Chillicothe (where Mom also lives). We had a nice evening and watched "Cars" on DVD (the first half anyway). You will be glad to know I washed the dishes at both dinners--and brought food--so no more cracks about men who don't help in the kitchen! :-)

I came back early (Friday afternoon) because Big Girls had a gig that night at Gallery in Wicker Park. The gig went great, and we premiered three of our original songs, which went well. I had a little trouble hearing Tracy's voice, since I'm in the back, and the monitors were turned down (to cut the feedback), but it didn't cause many problems. They asked us to play New Year's Eve...we also got another gig offer for January 6 (I'm not sure where it is yet--Tracy's the one talking with them). So, all in all, a good week, if busy.

The holidays were nice. This week we're in the theatre rehearsing for "Rudolph." Last night was our first night in the space, and it isn't as cramped as I thought it would be. We're all working with the space pretty well. My energy was way off last night, though--I've been very tired and achy lately. 'Tis the season to be sick, I guess. I had a flu shot, so I'd better not come down with that at least!

"Rudolph" opens Friday night at 10:00 PM! Tickets are only $15. It's sure to be a great time...come and see us! And come see Big Girls on New Year's Eve if you're in town...I'm sure Tracy will have some surprises ready. (I have to give her credit--she is great at getting the party going!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Johnny C said...

Yeah! Can't wait to see the new show. I need me some Tinsel and Gold.

8:26 AM  
Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

I'm hopeful to catch either the Dec 8th or 15th show. This week is micromanaged to the max. Have a terrific opening night!!!

Break a leg! (Figuratively.)

Big hug,

Dirk

12:51 PM  
Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

I'm also HOPING to catch the show on Dec 8th or 15th.

Hoping, hopeful. Whatever.

I'm hopeLESS.

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home