Sunday, January 07, 2007

Do I Look Like ANY of These People? I Didn't Think So...and other news

I nicked yet another cool little tidbit from the MySpace page of one of my fellow Handbag newbies, Trish Austin. It's from the MyHeritage website, which specializes in genaeology, and archiving old photos, etc. They have a cool tool which supposedly takes one of your photos and finds celebrities that match.

Well, I couldn't resist. I wondered to myself, "Will I get Glen Campbell again?" I posted the photo of yours insincerely that appears on my profile here. I thought perhaps I'd get Michael J. Pollard or something. My jaw was slackened by the results:



I'm sorry, on what planet do I even remotely resemble Ava Gardner? And Janice Dickinson?? Puh-fucking-leeze! I hooted out loud at Reiko Aylesworth and Natalie Portman. I don't know who Norman Reedus is...not a bad looking fellow, really. And of course, I'll take Cary Grant without reservation...

******************************************************************************

In other news, I'm baggy-eyed, drop-dead tired...Big Girls has had two gigs in the last two weeks, and they've both been late-nighters. There's another one booked for Friday, although the organizers keep fucking with the schedule, and there's a slight possibility we'll drop out. (Personally, I hope not, because it would be a 9:00PM show, we'd be done before 10:00, and I could get back North in time to do my real going out. We shall see...)

I also discovered a spot of water damage on my bathroom wall. Terrific. The paint was bubbled, so I knew there was dampness underneath. I peeled the paint off to see where it was coming from (I'd have to redo the paint, anyway), and noticed that the damp is coming through the plaster in one small spot. Nowhere else is affected. So I'm thinking it must be a leak in a pipe coming from upstairs, or from the boiler. This would be good news, since the association would have to pay for the damage and it wouldn't come out of my pocket. However, the only real expense would be getting to and fixing the pipe, which is why I hope it's a "common area problem." The damage repair itself won't take much; probably just patching the plaster and painting over it (actually, I'm going to repaint it myself with a cool light seafoam green color I've been wanting for years...might as well get what I want!).

Anyway, I'll have to contact the association president to see how to go about getting it looked at...more later!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love me some Norman.
You call yourself a Debbie fan and you don't know who he is? He starred with her in the movie "Six Ways to Sunday". Oh Aaron...
Good movie, BTW.

BC

5:31 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

I didn't see it, actually (I haven't seen a lot of Debbie's movies), but now I want to...she plays somebody's overprotective mother?! Dear God, it is a must-see...

8:12 PM  
Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

So you resemble 2 of my favorite gals -- Ava Gardner and Janice Dickinson -- huh? I knew there was something I liked about you...

2:05 PM  
Blogger David said...

I definitely see some Ava Gardner in you.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home