Sunday, January 28, 2007

"Hello, this is God speaking..."

I did laundry today and accidentally washed my cigarettes because I'd forgotten to clean out my pockets last night when I came home. Cigarettes are expensive. Maybe this is God's way of telling me I should quit (because the shortness of breath and stinky clothes aren't enough...?).

********************************

In other news, "Caged Dames" opened this weekend, and the cast is fantastic! Our audiences have enjoyed it thoroughly. The new song ("Boostin'") is great, as are all the changes made to the script. Andra's using the electronic keyboard now, so she can be more creative with the sounds than she could with the piano. Our new Mary (Abigail Trabue) is doing a great job and Annie Gloyn (Trixie and typist/guard) has taken over the roles very nicely. I sort of miss her Aggie the prison snitch (the malicious glint in her eyes as she repeated Mary's letter from her mother was a fond memory of mine...along with the towel she always had wrapped around her head), but this one lets her sing and dance more...

*******************************

Big Girls rehearsal yesterday was productive, if not completely amicable. I wasn't able to tape the rough vocal demo, but I did bring the recorder with me, and just sang it roughly while the rhythm section banged it out for the first time so Tracy could hear it and play around with melody ideas. We also started working on four other new ones, so it was pretty productive. Towards the end of rehearsal, disputes arose over the chord progression of a new song, and it started getting pretty acrimonious (not uncommon for the person who actually flared up, sadly). So we decided to end it for the week. The "flare-up" person stormed out without saying goodbye (just as well, because I would have said something in return, and it wouldn't have been goodbye).

But these things happen periodically and we just move on (I made a point of telling the others that if it began happening more frequently, I was cashing in my chips. I won't put up with that kind of shit in my free time. Period. I hope they pass it along to the "flarer-upper").

************************************

Super Bowl next week! I don't really give a shit...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a line I heard somewhere that you might like:
I don't give any shit, I don't take any shit, I'm not in the shit business!

7:05 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Thanx for the tip! I may just have to use it sometime...

10:04 PM  
Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

I've heard God works in mysterious ways. (How else do you explain Kirsten Dunst's career?)

Can't wait to see the new and improved DAMES!

Oooooooh, band drama. See, that is why THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY didn't have a longer run. Imagine the Nielsen numbers if Shirley and Laurie had had a smackdown in a hotel pool.

Super Bowl? Sorry -- I don't follow tennis.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

I'm happy to report that the drama is smoothed over now...and we found out what was eating the "flarer-upper": a job change! That was the big stressor, apparently. But she got the job, is going to make a shitload more money, so she's happy-happy! By the time we got together to practice today, it was fine.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home