Wednesday, April 04, 2007

British Soldiers to Be Freed!

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is releasing the 15 British sailors that were taken into custody March 23 when they "trespassed" into Iranian waters.

Ahmadinejad (frighteningly, I'm learning to both spell AND pronounce that name) says he's releasing the Britons as an "Easter gift" to Britain. I remember the first Easter gift I ever got. It was a stuffed ducky. It was yellow. Then I got to go outside and look for eggs. I finally found some at Kroger.

So, this blasts my theory about U.S. paying renegade Iranians to kidnap the sailors and thence draw Britain into the upcoming skirmish. What was I thinking? Oh well, at least I never bet on it. Oh, I did? Well I'm not paying! So there.

So to recap: the President of Iran is releasing some prisoners after less than two weeks after claiming a legitimate reason for detaining them. And we still have prisoners at Guantanamo who have been there for five years with no trial and no reason given for their detention. Their detention by the U.S., that is. That's right, the U.S. The land where every prisoner is entitled to due process.

Doesn't it creep you out when the Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is the magnanimous one?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the Brits are being released. There was a story about secret US prisons in Ethiopia in todays paper.
The El Presidente of Venezuela has offered cheap gas to the US but Bushie hates him and told him he was taking his ball and going home. The price of Gasoline in Venezuela is said to be around 15 cents a gallon. That is the real reason Bushie started a fued with him I think. To keep the cheap Gasoline away so Exxon could make bigger profits.
Story on last Sundays 60 minutes. Big drug companies put millions into the pockets of Congressman to make it illegal for the Government to bid for lower drug prices. Now that The Demos have control they passed a bill to allow bidding but Bushie says he will veto it! He cares more for his rich fiends than for the many elderly people who chose each day between food and medicine. There is grounds for impeachment right there.
Damn, my blood pressure is rising I wish I could afford some more pills. Thanks Bushie!!!

2:33 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

You're more perceptive than I am! When I first heard of the Venezuelans' offer last Fall, I thought they were talking about natural gas, since that's what everyone was going apeshit over...but gasoline makes more sense, what with all them oil wells and all...

Bush no longer has control of his rightie cartel now. They put him in office and they own him. And they can't be arrested for anything they do now. They have "aides" for that...

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home