Friday, October 05, 2007

Yep, Their Priorities Are On Straight...

Big record companies make a $200,000 example of a single mom as a warning against illegal downloading.

What a brilliant PR move. Their spin doctors will be clinking glasses later celebrating this coup, I'm certain. None of the record companies was mentioned by name, but I'm sure one of them rhymes with "bony." (And "phony.")

I'm all for artists being paid fairly for their work, but under the record-company standard, when has that ever been the case?

And don't these companies have bigger battles to fight? Like, oh, I don't know, finding artists that don't suck? Or make spectacles of themselves in public?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never downloaded any music. I don't buy CD's. I listen to a golden oldies radio station. Today's music is mostly crap. They should be glad anybody would download this noise.

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaron, I just made several thousands of dollars selling "I'm mad at the dirt!"

Thanks!

12:51 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Oh, please--AS IF!

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home