Thursday, June 19, 2008

Lordy, Lordy

phyllis_diller

It's arrived...the day I never thought I'd see. The day I become OLD...

I am officially 40 years old today.

Considering everything that's happened this year, I should be really depressed today, but strangely I'm not. I feel sort of peaceful and resigned, as if I'd just entered the dentist's office for five root canals, but was told I'd be getting some REALLY great drugs for it.

Also, I've been really busy lately, with a conference at work coming up tomorrow and Saturday, The Joans and fun stuff like that. I spent a few days early this week in Peoria helping my aunt and uncle clean out my mom's old storage unit. I came back with a car full of shit sentimental treasures, including some silver flatware (that she bought and never used!), a silver tea service (that she bought and never used!), some crystal goblets (that she bought and never used!) and some beautiful old blue and white china (you guessed it). I'll post pictures of these things tomorrow or Saturday after the conference...

I also managed to save some of my old vinyl record albums. Anyone have a turntable? I don't...

Oh well, back to work now. More later!

16 Comments:

Blogger American Girl said...

Happy Birthday!

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Aaron! for real this time! Damn gurl you've let yourself go. Ed

12:39 PM  
Blogger Nosokomaniac said...

Happy Birthday Aaron!

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not only do I have a turntable but it is a wind-up Victrola with a Wurlitzer cabinet. I have records that are over 100 years old and have music on one side only. I'm a relic, what can I say?

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday from a fellow "I-Hate-Dirk" hater!
40 ain't so bad......now that I'm on the down-side of 50!

5:00 PM  
Blogger Dr. Sparky said...

Have a good one!

5:33 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Thanks Sarah, Ed, Peter, Anon, Catrina, and Vince (and Prancer, Dancer, Donner and Blitzen, too!) :-)

The birthday was a pretty good one! I appreciate all of your good wishes...

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was the second anonymous too. You know when you get our age the memory isn't, hey look a squirrel! When might we see the reappearance of ask Aaron? I read one the other day were this 14 year old girl was hanging around and doing drugs with some 18 and 19 year old guys and the person wanted to know if she should do something about it. I have to go pee that increases with age too. Ed

5:08 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:07 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

I'll probably start trawling the advice columns for fresh fodder very soon...just been a little too "downtrodden" this last month or so to properly get my snark on! ;-)

5:27 PM  
Blogger Maddog said...

Happy belated birthday.

Turning 40 isn't as bad as it sounds. And as I like to say it's better than the alternative. Of course just wait till things start to fall apart. I got new eye glasses about a week after my 40th and was told I needed bifocals. Ugh.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Many thanks for the greetings, Maddog! Yes, I can hardly wait for the "falling apart" phase. Fortunately for me, that started when I was 35, so I have a head start dealing with it. ;-)

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday from the guy who turned 40 two days later. You old fart! Oh wait. I can't say that anymore! ;-)

1:08 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

HA HA!! Wise-ass...;-)

I can report, with a week-old perspective, that the air isn't too bad up here. I'm already REALLY relaxed about things (i.e., the "fuck it" plan)...as my apartment will attest.

1:18 PM  
Blogger BC said...

Hey Aaron! Sure was fun hanging with you at that 90's rocker chick show! Happy Birthay!

8:58 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Hey, Brian! It was fun, wasn't it? Let's do it more often! (I enjoyed Donita and am loving the CD, too...)

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home