Friday, August 29, 2008

Paying It Forward and Other News

Dirk over at Too Disgusting To Contemplate, Too Compelling To Ignore listed me as one of his seven nominees for a blog award, and charged all of us nominees to come up with seven others. Some of the ones I wanted to nominate were already on his list, but since I have many more than seven I'd want to nominate, here are just a few of the ones I like the best:

Sarah at She's An American Girl

Stephen at Are You There Blog? It's Me Stephen

Johnny at A Hole In The Head

Alexandra at Stillettos and Sneakers

BC at Twenty Years and Counting

Michael at Side Effects Include WHAT Now?

Hell In a Handbag Productions Handblog

and of course, Dirk himself. But he's already been nominated, so somebody beat me to it!

Now, all you nominees have to nominate seven others! (But if you've already been nominated, you don't have to do that again.)

******************

Apparently, John McCain has picked Karen Valentine as his VP running mate. Maybe she'll be his good luck charm. He's gonna need it.

******************

Come and see The Joans tomorrow night at Jackhammer!!! Details below:

The Flesh Hungry Dog Show and Jackhammer Present

The Joans In Concert

OPEN BAR FROM 10-Midnight!



WHERE: Jackhammer, 6406 N. Clark St, Chicago, IL 60626

WHEN: Saturday, Aug. 30, 10pm till 1am

WHAT: Open bar 10pm-midnight, guest performances, and a special performance by THE JOANS at midnight.

COST: $20 at the door or online at Flesh Hungry Dog.com

The Flesh Hungry Dog Show presents The Joans in a special benefit performance on Saturday, August 30, 2008. The Joans will travel to play at the 25th anniversary Folsom Street Fair in San Francisco, on September 27, 2008 and the Flesh Hungry Dog Show is helping to send them on their way. The evening features open bar from 10pm till midnight and a live concert performance by The Joans at midnight.


Admission will be at a variety of price levels including:



Trog - $20 includes open bar (well drinks and domestic beers)

The Faye Dunaway - $35 includes open bar and a Joans T-shirt

MGM VIP - $50 includes advance order on CD Joans (autographed) and a Joans T-shirt

Don't F*ck With Me Fellas! - $100 includes Mommy Dearest DVD, Joan's T-shirt, and autographed CD

Baby Jane Package - $200 includes Track on CD dedicated to person of your choice in liner notes on CD

Pepsi Special - $300 includes 20 minute acoustic Joans set at your private party.

Joan Wins Oscar - $700 includes 40 minute electric Joans set at your private party.

Hollywood Royalty - $3000 includes 2 40 minute sets on New Year's Eve at your private party.

It's a perfect way to celebrate the holiday weekend! Don't miss it! (And I even bought a new shirt and shoes just for you...)

7 Comments:

Blogger American Girl said...

Ooh, aren't you the sweetest thing! All those actors who never have a chance at getting the Oscar are right. It is nice to be nominated.

Love the Karen Valentine reference. I was thinking of the gals from "Here Come The Brides."

Kisses,
Sarah

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard that B*tch talk before. What a wacko! She has a son in Iraq and actually said and I quote, "I sure hope President Bush knows what he is doing over there."
I think if I had a son over there I would make sure the leaders knew what they were doing.
She is against drilling for oil in her home state of Alaska I wonder if McBush realizes that? She loves to kill animals and believes in preventing her own sex from choosing what to do with there own Vagina, what more could you ask in a Republican running mate? ed

12:31 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Sarah: You're welcome! But I calls 'em as I sees 'em, and I always find something interesting and relevant on yours. (I wish mine was as relevant--but sometimes my head hurts from thinking too much about the state of our country.)

Ed: I don't want to be a jinx, but I was HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY to hear about McBush's choice. I was petrified that he would ask Colin Powell--now THAT would have been a fly in the Metamucil. But instead, he's trying to court the womens' vote by choosing someone whom they can't relate to. Whatevs. (Oh, and if he decided to ditch her in favor of someone stronger, who'd be the flip-flopper then?) Oh, his balls are really in the Salad Shooter now...again, though, don't want to jinx things.

1:00 PM  
Blogger American Girl said...

We have over the counter codeine laced aspirins up here. It helps when I start thinking about the Bush administration.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Johnny C said...

Awh... They like me... they really like me... wait I haven't won yet...

I'm on blog hiatus until Monday... thanks I think I have my first return blog entry!

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your prize levels! That's hot stuff there.

Play pretty! (Or pretty rough, whatever your preference)

8:34 PM  
Blogger BC said...

Thanks, Aaron. You're a pal.

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home