Monday, October 20, 2008

Maya Angelou's Obama Poem-From The Chocolate News

I saw this on a MySpace friend's blog earlier today. At first, I rolled my eyes far up into my head, thinking, "Oh great--now we get to listen to this woman gas on esoterically and endlessly yet AGAIN." Now I know how the caged bird must have felt.

So I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the link to find, not Maya Angelou, but a razor-sharp parody by David Alan Grier from his new Comedy Central show The Chocolate News.

Grier has her mannerisms down dead to rights. Which made it all the funnier. I used to feel guilty for being annoyed at her pomposity. I'm relived to see I'm not the only one who's recognized it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't get the video but I'm sure it was funny to the max. I used to catch Maya Angelou reciting her latest poem. I would think to myself what the F*ck! is this B*tch talking about. The crowd would go wild with thunderous applause and I'd feel bad and stupid for not understanding her. Glad to find out I'm not alone. ed

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home