Monday, October 13, 2008

Brief Video Blog-A Visit Home October 11/12, 2008

Saturday morning I drove home to see my family. I got to spend time with my dad and stepmother (and watched Copycat on DVD--oh, goody--I just love slasher movies during a family visit).

Didn't get much video during this visit (so your computer shouldn't have as hard a time, Ed!), but I did get a few highlights...

First, my aunt uses a fingerful of peanut butter to bribe her dog, J.R., to take his heartworm pill. It works (it always does, which is why he has his own special jar of peanut butter in her cupboard), and he licks the roof of his mouth for a minute or two to get all the yummy peanut butter off! Which leads to a mildly bawdy conversation about long tongues and their uses (not explicit, never fear--more PG than R-rated). Somewhere, however, my mom is smiling down on us--she's corrupted us well!





On the drive home yesterday, I took just a little bit of video out the window when I got about 20 miles north of town (just a few miles south of the I-80 exit in North Central Illinois).

Sorry about the dirty windshield--but I'd parked under a tree:



(That's Blondie's No Exit CD playing in the background.)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't ahve any trouble down loading these videos. The Doggie loves his peanut butter. It reminds me of when I used to give our dog bubble gum. He would chew it a long time and it looked like he was talking. I guess those trees must be shy. The pretty ones always hide when the camera comes out. Still it was good camera work. You have a steady hand. I would have been all over the place like a drunk sailor on shore leave. ed

8:34 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

I'm glad the videos were easier to download this time! They were somewhat shorter than the behemoths I posted after San Francisco...

Thanks for the compliment. I made a conscious effort to keep my hand steady when I shot the car video--otherwise, it would have jerked all over! There were some really pretty red ones that were just briefly visible, but most of the trees in the area turn gold in the fall (which I think is beautiful also). But I grew up with maple trees in the yard, so those fiery red ones always have a special place for me....

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a Sweetgum tree that I pulled up in the State Forest and brought home. I was 11 0r 12 years old and my Granny was visiting. She helped me plant it and now it is about 80 feet tall. It turns yellow and Red and Orange and purple all on the same tree. My neighbor hates it because it has sticky seed pods that blow over on his perfect lawn. My granny never did like him I think it is her revenge. ed

5:46 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

That's my kind of revenge! Heh Heh!

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home