Friday, October 03, 2008

Recap of Last Night's Vice Presidential Debate

BIDEN: The question was about deregulation, not taxes.

PALIN: I may not answer da questions da way you want to hear, or da moderator wants to hear, or da people in da audience want to hear, or da people at home want to hear...wait a minute, how'm I gonna answer dem der questions? Oh my stars, dis is a problem. You betcha. Ya fer sher. Fuh-DURR, fuh-DURR, fuh-DURR...

****************
PALIN: Obama voted against funding fer dem der Iraqi troops, dose national heroes, our sons and daughters, fuh-DURR, fuh-DURR.

BIDEN: McCain also voted against more funding for Iraq troops, because there was a timeline attached.

PALIN: Oh, der you go again, talkin' aboot da past! Say it ain't so, Joe! Fuh-DURR, fuh-DURR, fuh-DURR...

****************

PALIN: National hero...fuh-DURR, fuh-DURR...General Petraeus...fuh-DURR, fuh-DURR...Thank God I'm pretty and I haven't peed my pants yet...Hey, dat means I win! Fuh-DURR, fuh-DURR...

(Insert further bad impressions of the Muppet Show's Swedish Chef here)

4 Comments:

Blogger American Girl said...

The Canadian was going crazy at how fast she was spewing the talking points. As if saying them really fast in her weird lingo would camouflage them from scrutiny. Have you read the transcript? The NY Times has one and I would kill to do a reading of it with someone. The words that came out of her mouth are comedic gold when slowed down to normal person speak. Wonder if I can get The Canadian to indulge me on this?

5:22 PM  
Blogger Stephen R. said...

I wonder if the Sweedish Chef had any kids? With a woman from Alaska.

A very dumb woman from Alaska.

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so hoping Biden would ask her just who is the President right now? Bush isn't the past yet. (unfortunatly)
Sarah Pain's voice is so screechy it makes me wince.
If she was born in Canada she can't be Vice-President because the constituiton forbids it. The Constituiton! Sorry Sarah I forgot, it's a document complete with amendments that all of our laws are based on. It puts limits on each branch even the Executive, you may want to look into it.
Sarah's mouth was moving but McBush's words were coming out. Maverick, maverick, maverick. Gosh darn that made me sick. ed

8:24 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Yes, she really had the points down to her own little science. She called the shots, thinking it would make her look like the Queen Bee. Instead, it made her look petulant and unprepared (at least I thought so).

Yes, she did come off as stupid, too...but I suppose she mollified those on the right who were ready to change her adult diaper...she didn't burst into tears or vomit.

And she's not so much a "Maverick" as a "Gran Torino Country Squire." I kept waiting for her to invite Gwen Ifill and Joseph Biden to sample her faux wood paneling...

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home