Wednesday, June 20, 2007

"Cheap Trick" Day?

Oh. I thought it meant something completely different. My bad.

This was my favorite paragraph:

"Guitarist Rick Nielsen got a warm welcome when he visited the state Senate today. He told lawmakers that the band's achievements include not being convicted of a felony within the past ten years."

Excuse me? Not being convicted of a felony is an achievement? Golly, I thought that was just expected of responsible citizens. I guess the bar is lowered where Cheap Trick is concerned. Or else maybe the lawmakers listened--REALLY listened--to "I Want You To Want Me," and realized different standards would need to be applied.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't the senseless killing of Aaron Hall over on Dirk's blog bum you out. I read the story several times on advance Indiana blog. Those fuckers beat him for hours then came back and shot him. Then said they had to kill him because he asked them for sex. He was 5'4" 100 pounds 35 years old. they were two big young men. They felt threatened, please.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

They were clearly looking for an excuse they thought would "stick." Even though he wasn't gay, as it turns out, if those two dumb bastards decide to use the "gay panic" defense, then they SHOULD be charged with a hate crime just BECAUSE they're using it (it implies that it's OK to do something unconscionable to someone if they're gay or perceived to be gay). There should be no "defense" unless they were physically threatened, and as you pointed out, that was physically impossible given the difference in their sizes. Those two ass-monkeys should go to the pokey and watch their asses in the shower. They'll encounter many more persistent advances than Aaron Hall in prison, I'm sure.

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Aaron
I thought I clicked 'approve' for your comment on my blog, but it's not there, so maybe I clicked wrong. Thanks anyway!
I love Cheap Trick!
Hope you had a fun birthday, sorry I missed it.
BC

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Call me crazy but I think he meant that as a joke. Get a sense of humor stat.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home