Monday, June 04, 2007

Die Laughing

Patrick Knight, a condemned murderer in Texas, is collecting jokes so he can choose the funniest one to use as his last statement before they put him down on June 26 for his murder of Walter and Mary Werner, his neighbors outside Amarillo. He insists that he's not trying to "disrespect" them "or anything like that."

I'm not big into capital punishment myself, but this is pretty distasteful. And regardless of what he says, it really does thumb his nose at the victims of his crime.

Wouldn't it be funny if the joke dies when he tells it? Oh...bad choice of words!

Ba-dum-bump.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephen R. said...

George Carlin used to do a huge piece about the language of comedy being about death.

"Laugh, I thought I'd die."

"I killed 'em with that joke"

"You're so funny, you just slay me."

"I bombed last night."

Perhaps the joke should be on Mr. Knight. I mean, wouldn't it be really funny if he's allowed to set up his joke but they off him before he can deliver the punchline?

Then, the person who hit the switch too early can simply say, "Oops."

Now, THAT would be hilarious.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

I think I saw that in a Three Stooges once...:-)

2:45 PM  
Blogger Stephen R. said...

Is that the one where Shep goes to The Chair? I LOVE that one!

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home