Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Um, Got Any EXPERIENCE With That Attitude, Toots?


Photo from Advocate.com.

I applaud him for his openness, good for him, and blah, blah, blah. But let's be honest: do we really need a 23-year-old Gap worker telling us how to dress? Especially one with Peter Tork's hair?

I'm going to guess "no." And exactly what makes him an expert in fashion anyway? The fact that he's worked at Gap for six years? Where I come from, that's called "lack of ambition." If he's doing it for the employee discounts, all I can say is, he's gonna look goddamn boring wearing nothing but Gap clothes all the time. And then, he'll have to get all bitchy and queeny on himself.

Oooooh, gurlfriiiieeeend.

Honestly, what's with this rash of mallrats who have suddenly decided that they are the sherpas of all things current and hip? Shouldn't they at least move out of their parents' houses first? I can't take anyone seriously until they become completely self-supporting and KNOW what sacrifice and hardship are.

So in the meantime, I'll wear what I want with pride. (Get it? "Pride?" Huh? Huh?) I don't WANT to look like them, anyway. What's so great about conformity? Isn't this just another form of the Bitchy Girls' table in the school cafeteria? I don't think a 23-year-old gets to tell an almost-40-year-old man (or ANYONE) how to dress. And if you call ME "bitch," I'll scratch your goddamn eyes out. And since you never close them, it's gonna hurt.

Word.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMFG! this guy is a glorified Old Navy clerk. Hey Toots, 1960 called they want their hair style back, word!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

He's supposedly very likable, but I'm seriously tired of all these little zygotes snickering at the rest of us and thinkin' their the kings and queens and trying to tell the rest of us what it's all about. Like hippies (who, ironically, were their parents), only instead of the war, they're protesting bad fashion.

Because THAT'S what's really killing mankind. Yessir.

What. Fucking. Ever.

9:24 PM  
Blogger David said...

I too am horrified at the the no talent hacks that think that making lame cliched comments like this. They are what I call MINSTREL GAYS. Like Perez Hilton and such. They are queens for the man, because it's easy. Write a letter to the Advocate!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Does anyone still read The Advocate? It seems like all the little chickadees of today only read each others' cunty celebrity backwash blogs (like the Perez Hilton example). They're out for their 15 minutes, and I hope they get them. Then they can fade back into obscurity, since they have no real talent or world view.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Stephen R. said...

I am just now making it through the posts I missed on vacation and I LOVE your take on this guys. I have disliked him since I watches his first clip on YouTube.

He works at The Gap for six years and all of the sudden, he's Donna Karan!?!?!? Nope, it's what you called it - - "lack of ambition!" :)

Love you!!!

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home