Friday, September 07, 2007

Mother Update

Well, I was SO excited that mom came home yesterday from the hospital, but now my aunt has called me and said that they shouldn't have sent her home so soon...she's really weak and can hardly walk (well, she hadn't been taking walks in the hospital, which she probably should have, to get her built up).

So we are back to square one...I don't know what we're gonna do! (To quote my aunt.)

UPDATE: My aunt called me earlier to let me know that they've readmitted my mom to the hospital. She sounded much less panicked than she did this morning, which is good thing. I think she's relieved that Mom's under supervision (since they all have to work and can't be with her all day). And maybe this time, they'll take her for walks in the hallway, like they SHOULD have done last time!

She's going to give me mom's room number and phone number when she has them, so I'll give her a call tomorrow...

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The trip home might have been exhausting for her. Remember people heal better in familiar surroundings. She'll probably improve in a couple of days. If you have concerns, put a call in to her doctor. Getting more information might help ease some of your fears.

Take care.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

UPDATE: Now my aunt informs me that they called an ambulance to take her back to the hospital. Our conversation was interrupted, and I'm waiting for her to call me back. This is quite frustrating.

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry she had to go back. It must be so difficult to have to depend on others for information regarding your mom. She's probably getting the care she needs right now.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Stephen R. said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your mother and your family. Let me know if there's anything I can do.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Thanks guys! I think if they make it a point to make her take some short walks, it may build up her strength. That's been the issue all along. That may also help her appetite and make her want to eat more...

2:48 PM  
Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

I'm keeping you and your mom in my thoughts. Hopefully, they will build her strength up before sending her home this time.

Big hugs.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Thanks, Dirk. You have to come see "The Birds" and The Joans sometime...come in November--there's one Saturday when there's going to be both in one night!

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaron, your Mum is in good hands. I'm sure the Aunt and Uncle care for her deeply to be so concerned about her. I'm sending good thoughts her way.
My BFF has been moved to a nursing home and is still losing ground every day. At lest I can visit him now.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home