Monday, February 25, 2008

Does This Make Me A Princess?


While I was down visiting my mom and family on Saturday, my aunt gave me the newspaper clipping shown above. It's the picture at the top--Mom's on the right, George (Mardi Gras king) is on the left. It seems that the nursing home had a Mardi Gras celebration a few weeks back, and Mom was crowned queen. Thankfully, it was not a Carrie White moment...

I'm really grateful that she's in a place where the residents are so well cared-for and the staff is so compassionate. She seems physically strong, even though her memory is very poor.

But I've declared myself her first runner-up. So if she is unable to fulfill her duties as queen for any reason, or forgets to turn up to a supermarket opening, I have my dress ready...

**************

A few other less happy things happened during the last week--chief among them was my being chewed out and reprimanded at work for some really stupid errors--but these things will pass...

The Joans is still scoping out dates to record our demo CD...more on that as it develops!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Mom looks happy. King George and Queen Josephine long may they reign!
As far as work is concerned. You don't need that job just the pay.


Ed

5:08 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Yes, she was having a grand time!
I still chuckle every time someone calls her "Josephine" (and that's how the door to her room is labelled). She HATES "Josephine" and has always gone by "Jo Lynn." (She was named for a German grandmother whom she loved--she just hated her name! :-))

6:24 PM  
Blogger Cardinal said...

You go, girl! :-)

10:29 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Why thank you, Zachary! And the queen thanks you, too. :-)

10:49 PM  
Blogger Cardinal said...

In this fun fantasy world, I'll claim the role as the representative of the Lollipop Guild. I'm 6'2, but I can pretend.

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that dress has a plunging neckline to show off the goods.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

In my case, they aren't so much "goods" as "mehs."

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home