Friday, February 01, 2008

She Really Is Wonderful


During a visit to Alexandra Billings' blog this morning, another commenter and I got to discussing Lynda Carter, who portrayed screen legend Rita Hayworth in the 80s. This commenter very kindly pointed me towards Lynda's website, which has her entire 1978 "Portrait" album in MP3 format. Yes, that's right: I downloaded the whole effin' thing! So now, for the first time since I was 10, I can hear Lynda's version of "Just One Look." Hokey and dated now, for sure, but sometimes ya just need a little pick-me-up.

And how's this for a pick me up: Lynda's a Democrat! And a big Hillary supporter, according to an interview with Billy Heller of the New York Post. About using her fabled "lasso of truth," she says she wouldn't use it on her kids ("it wouldn't work"), but admitted that it might be useful to use on the current administration:

"I don't really care who the president has sex with. But I do care about being lied to about important things," she says. "Lie to me about sex - everyone lies about who they have sex with. It's not about war and killing people."

She also shared her grilled cheese sandwich with Billy. Now if THAT ain't wonderful, what is?

My first big childhood idolization (well, right after Jodie Foster) is vindicated. I was on the right path after all. Who knew?

In fact, although I'm thinking Hillary and Obama should be Prez and Vice Prez (unlike others, I have no particular preference which is which, as long as those two are doing the jobs), I think Lynda should be in office herself--that is, when her cabaret show finishes its current run. I even made a campaign poster for her:



Anyone else wanna hop on the invisible plane with me?

5 Comments:

Blogger Stephen R. said...

She is brilliant! And her cabaret show that she toured through Chicago was one of the best I have ever seen. Period!

Clinton & Carter in '09!

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonder woman! Wonder woman! I loved that show way back when.
When Bill Clinton lied nobody died! He said he was sorry and his wife decided to stay with him and he is no longer president. So it is none of our business any longer.
I think Rush Limbaugh got hit on the head and if true it knocked some sense into him. He said he was voting Democratic this year because he didn't like any of the Republican candidates. Ed

6:49 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Stephen: I'd vote for her in a heartbeat! Hey, we had Reagan once upon a time, and he couldn't even REMEMBER anything! Lynda's sharp as a tack...

Ed: That does surprise me...I'm surprised that Rush didn't even find Mitt Romney worth throwing his considerable girth behind. But ya know what? A late awakening is better than none at all...;-)

1:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's going on? Anne Coulter said she is supporting Hillary because McCain is even more liberal than her. It makes me question my decision to vote for the old Girl. I think that is exactly what Anne has in mind. How can McCain be a good president when he wants the debaucle in Iraq to continue "into the forseeable future?" Ed

1:28 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Ann Coulter is just bat-shit crazy...she's as unpredictable as a sidewinder, and has the same figure.

As for McCain, well, he did spend a lot of POW time in the hot sun...I have no other explanation. I still find him less frightening than Bush, if only because he's not as vindictively stupid...I just see less "Caligula" in McCain than has been glaringly obvious in Bush.

(I still don't want him as President, of course...but it's a sad commentary on the current situation when even HE would come as a relief.)

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home