Friday, June 27, 2008

A Smile From God

Smile from God

I got this picture in my e-mail from my Aunt Fay this morning. It made ME smile, too. Some things are more than a coincidence, I think.

It's called "A Smile From God." (By way of John Lennon, apparently...)

The world sucks, and sometimes we just need a reminder that somebody is up there watching over us and smiling. (If we could just smile at each OTHER more, we'd be in better shape, I think.)

****************

Also, I kept forgetting to blog about it this week, but tonight is my (belated) 40th birthday party at The Spot in Uptown. I didn't have everyone's e-mail address, so I only sent the Evite to the people whose addresses I had (and I mean, right on hand, because I knew I had little time to plan this thing and I sent that baby in a hurry! This means that I missed some really important people, so I've tried to send it to them as I've remembered, though I've learned lots of folks will be out of town.)

But if you ARE in town, feel free to drop by between 8:00PM and whenever and lift a glass with me...mention that you're with me, and your cover is FREE, and my party gets a discount of $3 beers, $4 well drinks and $5 premium-brand cocktails all night. I'll also have some appetizers for those of you who get the alcoholic munchies...

The Spot is located at 4437 N. Broadway (just north of Montrose) in Chicago...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the picture of God smiling down on all his creation. I wish you a wonderful time tonight, I'll be there in spirit along with your mama and all your many friends in the blogging world. "God is watching us, God is watching us, God is watching us from a distance..." Ed

11:27 AM  
Blogger Java said...

I got this pic in an email from my Mama recently. I really like it!

If I were in Chicago I'd come by and bend an elbow with ya' to celebrate your waxing wisdom. Happy 40th, Aaron!

11:45 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Thanks, Ed and Java: I wish I could meet you in person as well as spirit, but I know where my positive vibes are coming from (and going)! Thanks for that...

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home