Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Joans Care...Really They Do!

I'm getting ready to head over to Jackhammer and start loading in my stuff to set up for our show tonight. I went shopping today and bought a few new goodies: a new bass drum pedal (with a metal platform and dual chain, for better response), a microphone (not cordless this time--I'm donating that thing to a Taco Bell drive-thru somewhere), microphone cord and stand and cord and a drum mat. I dropped a nice little chunk of change at Guitar Center, and also hopped next door to the Home Depot and bought a hand trunk to make it easier to carry stuff from now on...

I also bought a few new duds for the occasion--because I care. I care more than you'll ever, ever, EVER know about my public.

There. I'm finished channeling my inner Joan, and am ready to be a drummer again.

But speaking of caring, in honor of Joan's spirit of service and because it's Labor Day Weekend, here's a little clip of a long-ago Jerry Lewis Telethon (circa 1966) courtesy of my friend Marty, who posted it on his MySpace page:



I love how Joan jerks Christina's hand and pulls her toward the phones, barely giving her a chance to speak to Jerry at all. She must have known what was in store just over a decade later and decided to staunch the flow of stories!

Have a happy holiday everybody!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Backatcha Aaron, break a leg and all that jazz! ed

12:43 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Thanks Ed! We had a fab night and many legs were broken (in the best way, of course)...;-)

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beats by dr dre maapbigg beats by dre qogaxzkm beats dr dre nwvsggwy beats for sale hhyxnqet beats headphones xdhyzzff cheap monster beats slmyhtot dr dre beats qdlfpxlv dr dre headphones lzoyrdlt monster beats by dre nvmdquhr monster beats headphones vscbsjzv monster beats bgygoshm monster headphones ptposjpb

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home