Saturday, November 01, 2008

My First Solo Effort

Because of my hectic, end-of-week schedule, Since You Asked will return tomorrow morning, once I finish editing my answers and making them sound more like rational human being and less like Hungover Middle-Aged Guy Who Spent His Two Days Off Shopping For Halloween Costume Materials.

In the meantime, as this was my very first time carving a pumpkin by myself, I decided to ease into it--you know, accessorize and use artistry more than actual carving. After all, I'm no fucking sculptor, am I?

Turns out I'm not much of an artist, either. Nevertheless, there must be a first time for everything, and I heard testimony from friends who actually...erm...enjoy this pastime (as, indeed, I used to when I was a kid, and my father was holding the knife--something that wouldn't have been so comforting in hindsight, I suppose). So, as a product of my maiden Halloween carving voyage, I give you:

Tina Tuber 2008

Tina Tuber!




(Yeah. This is why I don't carve pumpkins.)

(And yeah, I know pumpkins aren't really tubers. So what? I'm taking license here!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Johnny C said...

Tina is pretty gross. Although, nice hair.

12:17 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

All is not lost...I'm going to cut up the pumpkin and cook and freeze it for later...

(And the hair is courtesy of Brown Elephant--who knew I could get an Oscar de la Renta wig for $2.00?)

12:57 AM  
Blogger Java said...

An Oscar de la Renta wig? I'm afraid the wig is really slumming it.

I like the name, Tina Tuber. So what if pumpkins are gourds and not tubers?

3:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about Greta Gourd? I think she is stunning. She reminds me of Jackie Collins for some reason. ed

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home