Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Further Reflections

I've been thinking it over, and I've decided that my Christmas treetop angel looks more like Nellie Olesen from "Little House on the Prairie" than Ethel Mertz.

That would sort of fit with the attitude. If she marries a gay husband, it's clinched!

Christmas Tree 2008

I've got almost all my shopping done. Just two more things to buy, which I have to get at Walmart, because they only sell them there--one of them is the new AC/DC album "Black Ice," which my Dad wants. Who knew that Walmart would have the exclusive contract?! I baked cookies, which turned out very nice, except for the burned ones (I ate those).

I'm hitting the road for Peoria this afternoon. I was going to wait until tomorrow because it's supposed to snow today, but then I heard that it was supposed to start today and continue into tomorrow and start again, so I figured I'd better get the hell out of Dodge while the gettin's good.

Have a great Christmas, all! Talk to you latah! (Unwanted Advice will be taking the week off, but will return in its regular timeslot next week.)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip and enjoy the Holidays. May all your New Years dreams come true. ed

12:21 PM  
Blogger Java said...

Safe travels, dear.

Nellie Olsen on Little House was a classic bitch. I despised that girl. Maybe you can draw a mustache on your Nellie Angel and she wouldn't look so snitty.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Johnny C said...

Merry Christmas Aaron!

10:50 AM  
Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

The whole AC/DC - Walmart exclusive thing has me completely baffled. I mean, seriously, those two go together like peanut butter and mayonaisse.

Happy 2009, Aaron! May it be full of health, happiness and great prosperity for you!

Big hugs,

- Dirk

11:56 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Thanks to all for your good wishes! I wish the same for all of you. It was a nice holiday (seemed to fly by!), and I posted some video that you can see in the next entry...

Contrary to my earlier promise, the Unwanted Advice column will be back NEXT Friday...(whaddya gonna do, FIRE me?!) ;-)

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home