Thursday, July 03, 2008

Mooshy, Gooshy, Dull and Flaccid

So it appears that the "mushy middle," that great swathe of undecided voters, could decide the outcome of this year's Presidential election.

Ummm...Okaaaayyy...here's my question: after watching what's been going on for the last eight years, should anybody really BE undecided?? I mean, one way or the other, it's clear these two candidates are pretty different. Either you like what's been going on, or you don't. One says he will continue the course as is, the other promises change.

What's ambiguous here? Help me out...

If people REALLY can't make up their minds with all that information available to them, should they be allowed out of the house without supervision breathing voting at all?

If so, I sure hope to hell they're not driving to the polls...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think most of the undecideds are so because they really don't care. My sister is not totally undecided. She knows she isn't voting for that ------! Her words. But she may vote for Nader if he runs instead of McCain. There is nothing my sister and her husband hate worse than a black person unless it's a f----t, her words again. Ed

5:21 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Now, Ed...I can't POSSIBLY decipher the missing words. Not POSSIBLY, you know--I'm SO innocent! ;-)

But yes, I know what you mean...people get so wrapped up in the ugly stereotypes that they refuse to see that the world has changed. For the better, if they'd only accept it (in this case)...

1:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jesse Helms passed away. Apparently he found out a Black was running for President. Ed

4:17 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Well, if that's what it took...

*slipping into my asbestos jacket now for the blasphemy*

12:54 AM  
Blogger American Girl said...

We raised a glass to the grim reaper last night. Helms was a bad man.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Yes, I was reading an article chronicling his career, and the best thing they could say about him was that he "never compromised."

No matter how polarizing, damaging or baffling his stances, he never-by-God-backed-down. I guess his grandpappy musta taught him that when they were staring down revenooers at their still all them years ago...

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home