Friday, August 20, 2010

Bonus Friday

Today, you're getting a bonus post. Well, not much of a bonus, since I only post once a week these days, but when I do, it's gold, damn it. GOLD, I tell you! So it is kind of a bonus. So there.

Anyway, my office building is exactly diagonal from the spot where they're now filming "Transformers 3." Our office is on the 43rd floor (with windows that don't open) and we can still hear the explosions all day long. It sounds like thunder where we are. I happened to drive my car downtown yesterday (got a REAL sweet deal for $8 a day parking, and figured I'd better use it periodically so they don't cancel my card!) and it turned out that my parking deck is RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET from the set they've built.

So before I drove home last night, I took a little video of the set from the 5th floor of the parking deck where my car was. Nothing much was going on, but it was too good an opportunity to pass up. I marvelled at the mundanity that surrounded this apocalyptic set. Life truly does go on--even when cars are lying on their sides.



(NOTE: "Rotten Advice" will appear in its usual time slot this afternoon.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home