Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Answer, My Friend, Is Blowin' In the Wind (But Thankfully, Not the Snow...)

UPDATE: I split the movie into two parts, and it's now up on YouTube. I've replaced the MySpace clip below with the embedded YouTube videos. Enjoy!

This past Saturday, I went to the Proposition 8 protest rally in downtown Chicago. It was pretty chilly, and you can hear the wind through the camera's microphone, but there were LOTS of bodies, so we stayed nice and warm, and at least there was no precipitation!

While I was there, I ran into Stephen and Eric and we enjoyed the signs and speeches. (Sorry, because of the wind and traffic, you couldn't really hear the speeches, but I know you'll enjoy the signs--I know we did!)

Part 1:




Part 2:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My flinstones model computer couldn't down load it but I've seen some great signs about Prop 8. My favorite was: Prop H8 and One that said Oh no you dint! take away my rights! ed

10:38 AM  
Blogger Ray Ray said...

Awesome!

10:42 AM  
Blogger American Girl said...

I knew you'd go. Are you participating in the "A Day Without A Gay" protest? I have a link to the organizers on my site.

Ever since I saw my favorite sign ("MIT Art Fags For Choice")at an abortion rights march in DC, I've always appreciated protest signs and the support of other minority groups.

1:21 PM  
Blogger American Girl said...

Let me make things easier for everyone: http://daywithoutagay.org/

1:25 PM  
Blogger Stephen R. said...

Great video! Awesome as always.

When you have the camera so close to my face, all I can think of is that line from TOOTSIE where the producers says she wants to make Dorothy Michaels look a little more attractive and asks how far can the camera man pull back and he says...

"How do you feel about Cleveland?"

God, I'm a bald nightmare that close!!

But we were there standing up for our rights! Love that I saw you there!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Ed: Sorry, I was trying to think of a way to split it in half...I might take the existing movie and pull it back into Windows Movie maker and divide it that way. YouTube should take it then.

Ray Ray: Thanks! We really had a nice time there...

Sarah: Wouldn't have missed it! And thanks for the link to Day Without Gay.

Stephen: When you say that, I'll answer you the way Doris Belack answered the cameraman: "Knock it off!" I was so glad I went. And so glad I saw you guys right near the beginning! It was a sign that that was where I was supposed to be.

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home