Friday, February 29, 2008

Random Curiosities

They just put this statue in one of the lobbies of the building where I work:

Statue 1



Now what the hell is that all about? Why does this guy have another guy inside his jacket?

And why is he so happy about it?

Statue Smile


And:

Haircut Redux 2 08

The $5 Devon Avenue Haircut Fairy strikes again! (Well, he struck this fairy, anyway...)

I actually like this barber...he's fast, quick and doesn't take any shit. I'm in and out of there in 15 minutes (well, excluding the half-hour wait, because there are always people waiting to get in...they don't do appointments, it's walk-in only).

And seriously, it's $8 WITH a generous tip--it's not like I have tons of hair to style, anyway...so this all works out.

(Oh, and did I mention that the barber is kinda hot?)

And finally --

James Carville REALLY wanted to make sure he reached me quickly today.

Carville

As you can see above, he wanted to "take a break from work" to make sure I knew about the big FEC deadline tonight. Considering that his "work" consisted mainly of chasing skirts, appearing on "Politically Incorrect" opposite his frigid conservative wife Mary Matalin and telling dirty jokes in Clinton's office, I thought it was mighty generous of him to take a break. If those things were MY job, I'd never retire. And I'd never take a break, either. I'd work all the overtime possible so I'd get big honkin' fat checks EVERY week.

But he took a break to send me this message today. Twice. He must have forgotten he sent it the first time. His mind must not be what it used to be. (Now what did it used to be again...?)

So maybe it IS time he retired after all...

8 Comments:

Blogger Stephen R. said...

Cute haircut. :)

7:52 PM  
Blogger BC said...

weird statue, good haircut, or HC as we call it in the biz.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Thanks, dolls! It's only because I'm at the "low-maintenance/macaroni-and-cheese/Christ-I-have-HOW-much-money-left???" phase of life that I go to this barber...soon, I'll go to a REAL stylist who can do something about the color, too. Otherwise, my HAIR will look like macaroni-and-cheese, kinda like Madonna. With less feathering...

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WTF? You Illinoisians really do worship that Obama character.
Nice hair cut. There is a guy near here who learned to cut hair in prison. He is a hottie but everyone looks like they got their hair cut with a weed whacker. Ed

8:16 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

I used to use a Dustbuster, but it was TOO wind-tossed. I only wanted a little...

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I confess I used to use a FLO-BEE hair cutter that attached to my vacuum cleaner. Even the prison barber's haircuts looked better. Ed

11:34 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

But if you check the photos here, you'll see that even Sally Kellerman can't resist the convenience of the Flowbee!

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, and even Tom Selleck. That new mini-vac really sucks. Ed

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home